Technical product manager / application specialist
Proteins are the key drivers of any organism. Our mission at HexagonFab is to unlock the secret of proteins and their interactions . We want to create the tools that enable anyone to understand how a protein behaves, what its properties are and how it interacts with other molecules. Our tools help researchers to develop the medicine of the future, to find the best ways to produce novel biomolecules and to assure that medicine is always safe and efficacious.
We are a dynamic, interdisciplinary team working at the intersection of biology, nanotechnology and data science. We value a flat hierarchy, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and to follow their passion. We believe it is important to move fast, to make mistakes and then to try again. This approach has led us to the invention of our biosensor platform that is the core of our product - the HexagonFab Bolt. Join us to bring biology to the next level.
You will be operating at the interface between our customers and our product team. You will be responsible for driving forward the development of new application areas for the HexagonFab Bolt. Working with national and international customers and the R&D team in Cambridge, UK to understand customer requirements, co-develop customer solutions and provide input to the product development team in Cambridge. The role will include working in Cambridge, UK and travel to customer sites nationally and internationally.
- Liaise with customers to understand individual needs and challenges
- Providing technical support to customers on products
- Support customers in application development using the HexagonFab Bolt
- Provide customer feedback to product development team
- Troubleshooting complex problems together with the R&D team
- Test new product developments
- Draft application notes and engage in collaborations for publications
- Work on own project as well as in collaboration with external scientists to showcase the various unique features of HexagonFab’s sensing technology via high quality publications and other presentations
- Coordinate and/or conduct technical and promotional seminars, trade shows and related activities as necessary
- MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or related life scientific field
- Knowledge of biomolecular interaction analysis and lab experience using SPR or BLI to study binding kinetics
- Expert experience handling both proteins and DNA
- Familiar with assay development
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Commercial experience working in customer-facing roles
- 3+ years lab experience and proven knowledge of techniques such as SPR, BLI, ELISA & HPLC, Spectrophotometry
- Familiar with data analysis and visualisation tools like Python and R
- Existing relationships and network to potential customers and key opinion leaders
- Knowledge of drug discovery, protein engineering, & protein analysis market
What we offer
- Young, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Be part of a step-change in life science tools
- Working on a cutting-edge technology at the intersection of biology, engineering, and data science
- Competitive salary
- Most important of all, join a great team!
1st of June 2021 or by arrangement
Cambridge, UK, with national and international travel, remote work possible
First stage via video or phone call, followed by a face-to-face interview with members of the team
How to apply?
Send us your CV with a short e-mail outlining your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org